|Posted by email@example.com on September 5, 2012 at 6:20 AM||comments (0)|
Term of office: 2012-2014
Chapter Commander: SIR CIRILO VERA CRUZ
Deputy Chapter Commander: SIR ANTONIO BONOT
Chancellor: SIR MARCELINO SALTO, JR.
Pursuivant: SIR HOMAR MURILLO
Exchequer: SIR MAMERTO AGULTO
Deputy Pursuivant: SIR RANDY VELASCO
Deputy Exchequer: SIR FRANCISCO DEOCAREZA
Archivist: SIR OZZIAS VILLAVER
Auditor: SIR VIRGILIO SALVADOR
|Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on October 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by email@example.com on August 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM||comments (0)|
By SIR SIMEON F. ADAN, KGOR
Former Chapter Commander, Naga City Chapter
Incumbent Deputy Regional Commander, Bicol
This invitation is addressed to allwell-meaning, freedom loving, civic-minded Filipinos of all walks of life.There is indeed every reason for full-blooded Filipinos to join thissocio-civic-patriotic organization because it is intrinsically Filipino inorigin, Philippine-based and intended to emulate and extol the good works andteachings of a great Filipino patriot, Dr. Jose P. Rizal. Aside from civic andpatriotic organization, it is also cultural, non-sectarian, non-partisan andnon-racial. For an international perspective, the Knights of Rizal is nowwell-established in the United States and Japan, and in many parts of Europe,especially in Spain, Germany and Belgium where Dr. Rizal stayed for some yearsduring his short-lived existence.
THE KNIGHTS OF RIZAL – WHAT IT IS NOW
The Knights of Rizal is well-directedbecause it has a Supreme Council with National Headquarters at its own RizalCenter in Port Area, Metro Manila with a governing board composed of CouncilTrustees elected yearly and regularly during its annual general assembly. Thepurposes and objectives are very clear and simple and stated as follows:
A. General Objectives
1. To study the teachings of Dr. Jose Rizal;
2. To inculcate and propagate them among all classes of Filipino andforeign nationals;
3. To exhort our citizenry by words and deed, to emulate and practicethe examples and teachings of our national hero;
4. To promote among the associated Knights the spirit of patriotism andRizalian chivalry;
5. To develop a perfect union among the Filipinos in revering the memoryof Dr. Jose Rizal; and
6. To organize the hold programs commemorative of Rizal’s nativity andmartyrdom.
B. Specific Objective
1. To study and spread the ideals, teaching and exemplary life of Rizalespecially to the Youth of the Land.
2. To organize chapters in all municipalities and provinces and possiblyin barangays and to undertake such programs of activities which will promoteindividual commitment to the idealism of Rizal and encourage personalinvolvement in the contemporary problems of the nation, and
3. To train and develop the Filipino Youth in character building, citizenshiptraining, democratic leadership and enlightened nationalism and dedicatedservice to country and people.
CODE OF ETHICS
Love his country and people;
Venerates the memory of the nation’sheroes by making their ideals his own and his children’s
Strives to do justice to all hisfellowmen;
Maintains a tolerant and understandingattitude towards his fellowmen;
Values honor as he values his life;
Upholds freedom at all cost;
Promotes socials justice and generalwelfare of his countrymen; and is
Truthful and honest in thoughts and indeeds
Works for unity and righteous life
MEMBERSHIP AND OFFICERSHIP IN THEORGANIZATION
A.) Admission to the Order is not verydifficult although its chapters create a screening committee and promotion tohigher rank which is restricted to merit by its prefectural tribunal. Admissionand exaltation to higher degrees is not merely ceremonial, it also impliesduties and responsibilities. Good performance individually or collectively (bychapter) is aptly recognized by awards during the national assembly andregional conferences held annually, promotion or exaltation to higher degree isinspiring and conducted only by a team after approval by a prefectural tribunalof the Supreme Council.
Rank titles are designated with medals,namely:
KR (Knights of Rizal) – 1stdegree with a distinct medal and pin
KOR (Knights Officer of rizal) – 2nddegree also with KOR medal
KCR (Knight Commander of Rizal) – 3rddegree with KCR medal and citation
KGOR (Knight Grand Officer of Rizal) – 4thdegree with citation and medal provided with baldric and sword (optional)
KGCR (Knight Grand Cross of Rizal) – 5thhighest degree given very rarely only to those who have performed outstandingachievement for the Philippines or to the Rizalian Order also with appropriatemedals and citation.
B.) A Chapter of the Order is governedby the following officers:
1. Chapter Commander
2. Deputy Chapter Commander
3. Chancellor (protocol officer)
4. Pursuivant (secretary)
5. Exchequer (treasurer)
6. Archivist (propertycustodian-curator)
7. Advocate (legal officer, consultant)
8. Medical officer
9. Three trustees (Auditors)
10. Council of Elders (advisors)*
All of such officers are elected yearlypreferably during Rizal Week Celebration
WHAT THE KNIGHT OF RIZAL CAN DO AS ANORGANIZATION?
As a socio-civic patriotic organizationchartered under Republic Act 646, the Knights of Rizal can and should undertakethe following activities:
1. Conduct radio programs for it todisseminate the teachings of Dr. Jose P. Rizal, his life and works, Rizalaismand literature on Rizal can easily be read from Rizalian libraries and RizalCenters.
2. Initiate and sponsor oratorical andessay writing contests among youth in schools on topics related to Rizalianideal or even current issues and concerns to promote the love of freedom anddemocracy.
3. Initiate and sponsor choral, art andpainting contests among the youth and even adults and give awards to deservingartists.
4. Conduct literary and/or readingclasses for less fortunate un-schooled adults and out-of-school youth.
5. Sponsor and conduct civic actionmissions among the poor and underprivileged and distribute goods to theindigent or victims of calamities. This is in keeping with Rizal’s ideal ofuplifting the poor and destitute.
6. Conduct medical missions especiallyon correction and/or medication of eyesight and dental problems.
7. Conduct special classes and sessionsfor street children.
8. Organize the elderly for their upliftmentand socialization and special privileges.
9. Conduct regular monthly specialgathering of people and community for socialization and familiarization – i.e.,dancing sessions, singing contests, dramatic presentations, etc.
10. Organize a credit and/or consumerscooperatives among members and cooperators to engage in useful, profitableventures.
WHAT A RIZALIST DO AS A MEMBER?
1. Participate actively in all regularand special meetings of the chapter, the area and the national assembly.
2. Pay his regular monthly membershipfee of Php250 per year
3. Secure copy of the Knights of RizalManual and study the objectives, rituals and Rizalism, focusing on the life andworks of Dr. Jose P. Rizal.
4. Join programs and projects conductedby the chapter.
5. Strive to be promoted to the nexthigher rant at least up to KCR.
6. Encourage and solicit members fromamong his friends, relatives and co-workers.
7. Join patriotic gatherings and helpteach love of freedom and democracy to the youth and fellowmen.
8. Live life of honesty, decency andmodesty consistent with Rizal’s ideals.
9. Be gainfully employed and work forthe welfare of others.
10. Wear the KR uniform and medals onall appropriate occasions.
11. Devote at least once a year to visitthe sick and give assistance to the poor and the indigent.
12. Help organize Youth Rizalists forKAPARIZ and Kabataang Rizalista for women and KAGUNARI for teachers.
HOW CAN I JOIN THE KNIGHTS OF RIZAL
1. Contact any officer or member of anexisting Knights of Rizal Chapter.
2. Fill up application form and filethis with the pursuivant (the secretary). The application will then be screenedby the Prefectural Tribunal. Pay the membership fee to the exchequer (thetreasurer).
3. Wait for the notice to be admittedusually during the monthly meeting or in area assemblies or a scheduledadmission by the chapter.
4. Upon admission, attend the regularmonthly meeting and participate in all activities of the Chapter and pay theregular monthly fee or pay a sixth-month period as desired.
5. Secure a copy of the official manualand study the constitution abd by-laws. Secure Rizal books or read read aboutother Filipino and foreign national heroes or men of freedom.
6. Personally suggest or undertakesocio-civic-patriotic activities and gain the trust and confidence of theofficers to be able to merit elevation to the next higher degree.
7. Buy the medals and uniforms of theorganization and wear them during appropriate occasions.
8. Attend the area or nationalassemblies to gain more intimate knowledge about the organization and the worksof the Order.
BENEFITS ONE GETS FROM BEING A KNIGHT OFRIZAL
1. A Knight of Rizal brings his lifenearest to being a patriot, a lover of freedom and democracy, a defender of hisrights as a citizen.
2. The studied of Rizal’s life and worksgives a Rizalist self-fulfillment as a true Filipino grateful and proud ofbeing born in his country, the Philippines.
3. A knight of Rizal is given a chanceto serve his country and people instead of thinking first of other peoples.
4. A knight of Rizal is exposed to theculture and true history of the country.
5. A Knight of Rizal has a chance tobrush elbows with his fellow Rizalists and patriots and learn from them theessence of love of country.
A RIZALIST’S BELIEF AND MISSION
A Knight of Rizal believes that:
Dr. Jose P. Rizal is the foremostnational hero because he awakened the Filipino people and nation to fight forfreedom and democracy, extricate itself from slavery and foreign domination andcontinuously work for its independence and identity as a nation. His exampleand good works during his brief stay in this world, his martyrdom and hisimmortal novels and writings is a legacy to our country and people that must betreasured and made use of the best way we can.
A Knight of Rizal must strive toorganize a Knight of Rizal chapter in every municipality and possibly everybarangay and make these functional. Consequently, a Rizal Monument and a RizalMarker should be put in every public plaza and school all over the country toperpetuate the memory of this Great Malayan, the Pride of the Filipino Nation,Dr. Jose P. Rizal.
|Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on July 27, 2011 at 3:44 AM||comments (0)|
The entry of our Chapter into the modern technology of communication is a big step in the right direction. This will be a very nice medium to achieve the purpose of the Knights of Rizal to propagate and inculcate the teachings of our national hero, Dr. Jose P. Rizal, into the minds of the Filipino people and other citizens of the world.
Let us therefore maximize the use of this system of communication.
I wish you all more power and success.
Non Omnis Moriar.
SIR CIRILO F. VERA CRUZ, KOR
Knights of Rizal, Naga City Chapter
|Posted by email@example.com on July 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM||comments (0)|
REPUBLIC ACT NO. 646 - AN ACT TO CONVERT THE "ORDEN DE CABALLEROS DE RIZAL" INTO A PUBLIC CORPORATION TO BE KNOWN IN ENGLISH AS "KNIGHTS OF RIZAL" AND IN SPANISH AS "ORDEN DE CABALLEROS DE RIZAL", AND TO DEFINE ITS PURPOSES AND POWERS
WHEREAS, a civic organization known as "Orden de Caballeros de Rizal" (Knights of Rizal) was incorporated under the Corporation Law of the Philippines in the year 1916 by patriotic citizens for the following purposes:
"(a) To develop the most perfect union among the Filipinos in revering the memory of Dr. Jose Rizal;
"(b) To promote among the associated knights the spirit of patriotism and Rizalian chivalry;
"(c) To study and spread the teachings of Dr. Jose Rizal and keep ever alive his consecrated memory and to make effective his exemplary and exalted principles; and
"(d) To organize the annual festivities in honor of Dr. Rizal."
WHEREAS, there is greater need than ever for the Filipino people to propagate and to practice the teachings of Rizal;
WHEREAS, the Knights of Rizal, if officially recognized and vested with appropriate powers, would be a convenient instrumentality by the which the teachings of our national hero may be propagated among our people to the end that they emulate and follow his examples; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary to grant legislative Charter to the said Knights of Rizal in order to accord official recognition to it and to enlarge its powers so that it may more fully and more effectively accomplish the laudable purposes for which it was organized: Now, therefore
Section 1. The present civic organization known as "Orden de Caballeros de Rizal" is hereby converted into a body corporate and politic with powers hereinafter specified, under the name and style KNIGHTS OF RIZAL and in Spanish as "Orden de Caballeros de Rizal" (hereinafter called the corporation). The principal office of the corporation shall be in the City of Manila, Philippines.
Section 2. The purposes of this corporation shall be to study the teachings of Dr. Jose Rizal, to inculcate and propagate them in and among all classes of the Filipino people, and by words and deeds to exhort our citizenry to emulate and practice the examples and teachings of our national hero; to promote among the associated knights the spirit of patriotism and Rizalian chivalry; to develop a perfect union among the Filipinos in revering the memory of Dr. Jose Rizal; and to organize and hold programs commemorative of Rizal's nativity and martyrdom.
Section 3. The said corporation shall have perpetual succession, with power to sue and be sued, to hold such real and personal property as shall be necessary for corporate purposes; to solicit and receive public contributions; to receive real and personal property by gift, devise, or bequest; to adopt a seal and to alter the same at pleasure; to have offices and conduct its business and affairs in the City of Manila and elsewhere; to make and adopt by-laws, rules, and regulations not inconsistent with the laws of the Philippines, and generally to do all such acts and things (including the establishment of regulations for the election of associates and successors) as may be necessary to carry into effect the provisions of this Act and to promote the purposes of said corporation. The existing By-Laws for the "Orden de Caballeros de Rizal" insofar as they are not inconsistent with this Act shall remain in force as the By-Laws of the corporation until repealed or amended.
Section 4. All persons of legal age and of good moral character and reputation, who are in sympathy with the purposes of the corporation, are eligible for active membership, upon unanimous approval of the Supreme Council in banc of a written application thereof duly endorsed by at least two active members of the corporation.
Section 5. The general administration and direction of the affairs of the corporation shall be in the hands of a Supreme Council (Board of Directors) of nine members, which is hereby vested with full powers and authority to act and perform all such functions as the corporation itself may do and perform.
Section 6. A group of five or more persons of legal age residing in any locality outside of Manila and who are of good moral character and reputation, may associate themselves and from a chapter of the corporation upon approval of a written petition to the Supreme Council. It shall be the duty of each chapter to promote and carry out the purposes of the corporation in the locality where the chapter is organized.
Section 7. Any donation or contribution which from time to time may be made to the corporation by the Government or any of its subdivisions, branches, offices, agencies, or instrumentalities, or by any other person or entity, shall be expended by the Supreme Council solely to promote the purposes for which the corporation is organized.
Section 8. From and after the passage of this Act, it shall be unlawful for any person to falsely and fraudulently call himself as, or represent himself to be, a member of, or an agent for, the Knights of Rizal; and any person who violates any of the provisions of this Act shall be punished by imprisonment of not to exceed six months or a fine not exceeding five hundred pesos, or both, in the discretion of the court.
Section 9. This Act shall take effect upon its approval.